- 2002 May:
The TDi (turbo-charged, direct-injection, diesel)
version of the Audi 'Allroad' (4x4) was launched in Australia.
- 2002 Audi Allroad station wagon
- Loa 4810mm, width 1852mm, height 1551mm,
wheelbase 2757mm, track 1574mm/ 1585mm
- Engine 2.5, V6 diesel, turbo-charged, 4-valves/cyl, DOHC
- Capacity 2496cc, bore 78.3mm, stroke 86.4mm, c.r. 18.5:1
- Power 132kW at 4000rpm, torque 370Nm at 1500rpm - 2500rpm
- (Also petrol 2.7-litre, twin-turbo, 5-valves/cyl, 184kW)
- 5-speed tiptronic, full-time 4WD with Torsen centre diff',
low range (1.54:1)
- Suspension indep/ indep, air height-adjustable,
brakes disc/ disc ABS/ EBD
- Tyres 225/55 R17W, fuel tank 70L
- Price 2.5 TDi $88,500 (5/2002)
The huge, VW Toureg inspired,
Audi 'Q7' 4x4,
3.6 V6 petrol au$87K (2009),
3.0 TDI V6 au$89K, or
4.2 V8 petrol au$123K,
7-seats optional, 2300kg.
- 2008: The mid-sized Audi 'Q5' 4x4, as unveiled in 2008,
2 to 3.2 litre petrol or diesel engines.
A face-lift as introduced for 2013,
and the 3.2 engine reduced to 3-litres, supercharged.
- 2011, June:
Audi began production of the smaller 'Q3' SUV (~VW 'Tiguan'),
at the SEAT factory in Martorell, Spain,
< 1500 kg,
with two 4-cyl. petrol and
one 4-cyl. TDI engine options.
- Audi Q3 TFSI, 2-litre turbo petrol, au$47K, auto +$2K;
to au$56K; diesel from au$45K (6/2012).