The mechanical mule can carry 1/2 a ton.
It is a basic 4WD, the only suspension coming from the tyres,
and the driving position is "exposed".
The steering column can be swung forward for operation by a walking soldier.
- loa 2980mm, width 1780mm, height 1195mm (steering wheel),
wheelbase 1447mm, ground clearance 290mm,
- weight 376kg empty, 830kg loaded,
- Willys 4-cyl. horizontally opposed air-cooled petrol 17bhp at 3200rpm
- Continental Hercules 2-cyl. horizontally opposed air-cooled
14bhp at 3000rpm (M274A2-A5),
- gearbox 3-speed manual + reverse, 2-speed transfer case,
- tyres 7.50 x 10,
- top speed ~ 25mph.