1998 '100' GXLS
- 2002 October:
Toyota (.au) dropped the 6-cylinder petrol engine from the 100-series
LandCruiser station wagon, remaining engine options being
4.7-litre V8 petrol (170kW, 410Nm),
4.2-litre 6-cyl diesel naturally aspirated or turbo..
Prices from au$51,990 diesel, live front axle, part-time 4WD,
to the Sahara (was GXV) au$79,900 - au$89,900.
(And Lexus LX470 au$117,000.)
- 2007 Nov.:
The new 200 Series LandCruiser went on sale in .au.
- Toyota LandCruiser 200, seats 7,
- ladder chassis,
- weight 2555kg (GXL petrol) to 2720kg (Sahara diesel) (unladen),
- Engines 4.7L, V8, petrol, vvt
- power 202kW, torque 445Nm,
4.5L, V8, twin-turbo diesel
- power 195kW at 3400rpm, torque 650Nm at 1600-2600rpm,
- Transmission 6-speed automatic only,
full time 4WD, hi & low range,
- Suspension indep. front, live axle rear, coil springs,
Kinetic KDSS suspension,
stability control, traction control, hill descent control,
- Safety: GXL 6 airbags, front, front side, side curtain;
VX & Sahara +front knee bags, row-2 side bags.
- fuel tank 93 litres,
GXL petrol $69,990,
VX petrol $79,990,
Sahara petrol $94,990,
twin-turbo diesel +$10,000,
i.e. Sahara diesel $104,990
- The 70+ series LandCruiser (ute, troopie, s/w) also got the
4.5-litre turbo diesel as its diesel option, replacing the I6
due to Euro IV emission rules.
- 2011: The FJ Cruiser,
a sheep (Prado) in wolf's (FJ40) clothing
made it to .au, from au$45K + orc --
4x4 or 4x2 (?.us).
- The last LandCruisers with two live axles officially for sale
in .au are variations on the 70.
4.5 V8 turbo diesel, '76' station wagon, in 2013