- 1906 November:
Societe Italinana Automobili Darracq (SIAD)
founded to assemble Darracqs in Italy.
- 1910: The company started to build 'Alfa' cars designed
by Cavaliere Giuseppe Merosi.
- 1915: Nicola Romeo took over Alfa.
This Alfa Romeo G1 #6018 was imported new into Australia; only 52 were built.
It has a 6.3-litre, straight-six, side-valve engine.
- Previous cars had been "Alfas" and
the G1 was the first "Alfa Romeo".
- 1921 Alfa Romeo G1
- Loa 4494mm, wheelbase 3400mm, track 1445mm/ 1445mm,
weight 1500kg (empty)
- Engine: front driving the rear wheels,
straight six, cast iron double block and fixed heads
- 6330cc, bore 98mm, stroke 140mm, c.r. 4.6:1
- Side valves, one laterally mounted camshaft, chain driven
- Cooling system 16 litre pressurized water cooling with mechanical fan
- Power (bhp/rpm) 70/2100, torque (lb/ft/rpm) 217/1100
- Mechanical fuel pump, one vertical single barrel carburetor
- Fuel tank rear mounted 75 litres
- Lubrication Pressurized, sump capacity 9 litres
- Transmission 4 speed manual mechanical gearbox with reverse gear,
lateral floor mounted gear lever,
dry dual plate clutch
front live axle, semi-elliptic longitudinal leaf springs,
rear live axle, double semi-elliptic longitudinal leaf springs
- Wheels cast iron spoke, tyres 895×135,
brakes - foot, rear drums only
- Steering worm and wheel
- Electrical system 12 volt with a generator
- [-Alfa Romeo .au]
- 1923 Alfa Romeo RLN
- Rear wheel brakes only.
The car was used as a mail/hire car between
Melbourne, Geelong and Colac (Vic, .au) three times a week for
15 years, clocking up more than 500,000 miles.
a 1973 Spider Veloce 1962cc (105 ser.2)
- 1970-1976: The Montreal had a 2593cc V8 engine.
a 1975 Montreal
- 1984: Alfa Romeo became part of the
- 1985: Alfa Romeo 33 station wagon 4×4
1.5-litre flat-4, sold in Australia from 1984 to 1992,
the wagon from 1985 to 1987.
Some more 4×4 sedans were imported in 1991 and 1992.
1985 ‘33’ station-wagon 4×4