- 1928: Nippon Industries founded, known as Nissan.
- 1931: Datsun marque founded by DAT Motor Co. (1911);
taken over by Nissan in 1933.
"Jidosha-Seizo Co., Ltd. established in December 1933,
became Nissan Motor Co. Ltd in the following year." -- N.
Cars were sold under the Datsun brand.
- 1935, April:
"The first car to come of the [new Yokohama] line was a Datsun '14' Roadster,
4-cyl., 722cc" -- N.
- 1966: Nissan and Prince Motor Co. (1952) merged;
the well known Skyline model name comes from Prince.
- 1969: The first 'Z' sports car,
the Datsun 240Z (1970 model year).
- 1980s: The 'Datsun' brand was phased out in favour of 'Nissan'.
- 1989: The Infiniti luxury brand.
- 1999 March 27:
Nissan and Renault
formed an "Alliance", e.g., to develop platforms and common parts.
- 2010 April 4:
Nissan announced a "wide-ranging" strategic alliance.
Nissan gained control of
which subsequently joined the now