- 1870: Tsukumo Shokai shipping company founded
- 1917: "Mitsubishi Model-A" project launched
- 1937: "A prototype of the PX33 military-use 4WD passenger car
- 1953: "Shin Mitsubishi Heavy-Industries started knockdown
assembly of the Jeep"
A joint venture with Chrysler
- 1970: Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) became independent of
The Mitsubishi 'Pajero' 4x4
was launched (also the 'Starion').
- 1982: "Mitsubishi Motors Corporation and Mitsubishi Corporation
acquire 10% [of] Hyundai Motor"
- 2000: Mitsubishi (MMC) was found to be covering-up
defects and recall matters.
Daimler-Chrysler (as was)
invested in MMC.
- 2010, September 17:
and Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) announced the start of production
of the Citroen C-Crosser, Peugeot 4007 and Mitsubishi Outlander SUV models
at [a] joint plant located at Kaluga, 180km [SW] of Moscow, Russia. ..."
The electric 'i-MiEV' went on sale in Europe.