High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle, M998A2.
- 1999: General Motors bought the ‘Hummer’
brand name from AM General.
- 2002: The H2 is a GM SUV dressed-up with HMMWV-like styling.
- 2007: The smaller H3 imported into .au.
- 2008: The oil price hit a record us$147/b,
and although it did fall back under us$40/b in late 2008,
the global financial crisis then took over hurting Hummer and GM.
- 2009: General Motors, facing bankruptcy,
desperately sought a buyer for Hummer.
On 9 October
Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co., Ltd (Tengzhong),
signed a "definitive agreement" to buy the Hummer brand
However, the deal fell through
-- 24 Feb. 2010.