- The main four-wheel drive arm of Chrysler is
the Jeep range but Dodge also make 4WDs.
- 1970: A joint venture with
- 1987: Chrysler took over AMC.
- 1998: Mercedes Benz
merged with (took over) Chrysler to form Daimler-Chrysler.
- 2000: Daimler Chrysler acquired 1/3 of Mitsubishi.
- 2001: Chrysler tilted at the Le Mans sports car series
with an LMP prototype.
- 2007, August: Daimler Chrysler (Daimler AG) admitted to
indigestion over Chrysler and reversed the merger of 1998,
selling Chrysler Group, and its liabilities,
to Cerberus Capital Management.
Chrysler came close to bankruptcy.
- 2009 January 20:
Chrysler and Fiat
"signed a non-binding term sheet to establish a global strategic alliance."
- 2009 April 30:
Chrysler reached an agreement
in principle to establish an
alliance with Fiat SpA and
also applied for "Chapter 11" bankruptcy to protect it from creditors.
- 2009 June 10: Fiat's
purchase of alliance with
Chrysler passed through the courts.
- 2011 July 21:
Fiat acquired the 6% of Chrysler held by the US Treasury and
the 1.5% held by Canada, moving to 53.5% of Chrysler,
on the way towards 58.5% (announced 5 Jan 2012).
- 2013, July 8:
Fiat exercised its option to move to hold 68.49% of Chrysler.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) was formed by merging
Fiat and Chrysler.