- JLTV: Joint Light Tactical Vehicle.
- Experience of IEDs in Iraq and Afghanistan showed the need
for a more heavily armoured vehicle than the
- Category A, combat transport weight 14,322 pounds, and
3,500 pound payload while armoured.
- Category B, 4,500 pound payload while armoured.
- Category C, 5,100 pound payload while armoured,
and including shelter and ambulance options.
- All, height adjustable suspension to ≤76" to fit in
"preposition force ships."
- 2010, May:
The DoD took delivery of prototype JLTVs from
General Tactical Vehicles, and
Lockheed-BAE, for evaluation, including ballistic tests.
- 2010 June-July: Australian test vehicles scheduled for delivery;
also see Hawkei.
- 2011, December 2:
The US Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012,
seemingly terminated the JLTV program. ...
- 2012, January 5:
But the Army clarified that the project was in fact still active.
- 2013, September:
Full scale testing of JLTV prototypes from
Oshkosh Defense, Lockheed Martin, and AM General
- 2015, August 25:
The US military awarded $6.7 billion contract to
for an initial production run of "approximately 17,000" JLTVs
from FY 2016.