- 1999: Ford bought Volvo's car-making division.
- 2000: Ford bought LandRover
LR joined Aston Martin,
Jaguar, Lincoln and
Ford's Prestige Automotive Group.
- 2001: Ford F250 and F350 trucks back on sale in .au.
- 2004: Ford Territory (Falcon based) 4×4 and 4×2
on sale .au.
- 2007, March: Needing to raise cash, Ford agreed to sell
to an investment group for £475m (apart from a £40m holding).
David Richards, head of Prodrive, became the new chairman of Aston Martin.
- 2007: Jaguar and
LandRover put up for sale.
- 2008, March 26: Ford
agreed to sell Jaguar and
Land Rover to
Tata Motors of India for us$2.3billion.
The deal was completed on 2 June 2008.
- 2009, October 28: Ford announced that Geely (.cn)
was the most likely to buy Volvo.
A deal was signed 28 March 2010, and
completed by the 2 August.
- 2010: Ford ends production of the Mercury marque in late 2010.
- 2016 October 7: Ford closed its
Australian car building plants.